Definitions of Abercrombie
A clothing store that is so expensive that gift certificates make you pay extra for the clothes you buy. The company will, in many cases, "pre-wrinkle" the shirts for you. Jeans can also be purchased with a holes already in them. The clothes feel, oddly enough, like they've already been used.
The type of clothing worn by Aberzombies, a peculiar specimin which infest college campuses and upscale suburban high schools across the North American landmass.
Nominally a human being, the Aberzombie is easily identifiable by large advertisements worn on its chest and buttox. It tends to come from wealthy stock, drives an SUV and mates exclusively with other Aberzombies.
The musical taste of the Aberzombie is limited to bands like Dave Matthews and O.A.R. Its SUV is typically emblazoned with a sticker reading "DMB" so as to communicate its bland taste in music to potential mates.
The Aberzombie is not without its natural enemies, however. Most prominent among them are independent thought and a sense of style. The Aberzombie will go to great lengths not to face such horrific ideas, most often by associating only with fellow Aberzombies. In the rare case that it is exposed to outside ideas/free thought, it will utilize its only defense mechanism: complaining that others are envious and simply cannot afford Abercrombie clothing.
A clothing story that will give you popularity in exchange for your dignity, self-respect, and a shitload of cash. Mommy's little boys and girls shop there to fit an image and to cover up their low self-esteem. This store preys on sexually-deprived horny teenagers. Plus, for girls, abercrombie shirts give you breasts. Abercrombie clothing is a great way to spot a whore - it's quite helpful in judging people. Shit, man, I'm only gonna be a walking billboard if I'm gonna get paid for it...why would I pay to be able to advertise?? WHATS WRONG WITH OUR SOCIETY??
A secluded place in scotland that hardly anybodies heard of
A mall store that caters to upper-middle class suburbanites, with brilliant ad campaigns. You may think their clothes are slutty (which some are) or preppy (which most aren't), but in reality their marketing scheme has worked on you, too. Their goal, when they changed from being an outdoors store to a teenage fashion mecca, was to spread the word-and it worked. Everyone knows what Abercrombie is, and whether you like it or not, you are buying into their campaign by acknowledging their existence. If you really hated them, you'd ignore them, and not waste your precious time bitching about their ripped jeans. Sure, it might be a waste of money, but it's not your money, so get over it. And whoever said LLBean was preppy was completely wrong.
So basically, Abercrombie & Fitch is a store where you can buy clothes that may or may not be overpriced, but they are a corporation with brilliant marketing executives. You gotta give them props for that, because they probably make more money than you EVER will.
A professional sporting goods store - turned - teen couture fantasy established in 1892 by outdoorsman David T. Abercrombie and successful New York lawyer Ezra Fitch.
1. A clothing store that is often the subject of scorn of many "non-conformists." (Can anyone define jealousy?) They sell faux-vintage clothes which, albeit overpriced, are of good quality. Abercrombie and Fitch follow trends, but will always incorporate the "Abercrombie touch" into their products, i.e. having that lived-in, beach-ready feel.
2. Used to describe people who are usually preps and people willing to spend money on image. Wearing Abercrombie anything is an instant status and image booster, because their brand, whether the "non-conformists" like it or not, is linked very closely with having sex appeal. Associated with conformity, but I don't necessarily agree to that: it depends on the person carrying the brand. Contrary to popular belief, owning Abercrombie & Fitch does not mean giving up a sense of style.
3. Used to describe a certain style that Abercrombie has epitomized: an athletic, breezy, all-around American look; Yacht club - meets - varsity vintage - meets - beach party. Since they have a constant theme incorporated into their clothing, most of their pieces work well with any year and any season. More of a lifestyle for the true Abercrombie convert than simply fashion.
A clothing store that it is super en vogue to make fun of. The best way to feign non-conformity is to say you hate abercrombie, but still go in the store to see what's cool, and then make fun of the clothes and the people that work there. You make fun of the ripped jeans, but in the end you sneak in to buy some, because you secretly like them. It's so trendy to hate abercrombie that it is breeding a new kind of "alternative conformity".
Examples of Abercrombie
That kid must be a fag, he's wearing Abercrombie
Dude, my dad owns a dealership!
Doug: Hey, DUDE, if I buy this abercrombie shirt...girls will have sex with me.
Ashley: Hey, if i buy this abercrombie shirt...ill go from an A to a C! Then the boys will know I'm E-Z!!!
Hey lets go to abercrombie
You only hate it because you can't afford it.
1. Let's shop at Abercrombie!
2. She's such an Abercrombie.
3. That's so Abercrombie.
All of the tools who made fun of Abercrombie on this website should be congratulated on being trendy enough to jump on the anti-abercrombie band wagon.